Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Friday, November 8, 2013

[Recipe] Dal Tadka

I was getting back home after my evening walk and suddenly I thought of Dal Tadka and the past hour I spent looking at recipes on the net to see how easy/complicated it was.. And now I think I found the ultimate recipe.. I found it on this blog. It sounded easy and interesting so off I went to the kitchen to give it a shot.

I tweaked the recipe a bit, and here is how I made it

Cooking time: 35mins
Prep time: 10mins
Serves- 2

The Daal
2 tbsp  tuvar dal
1 tbsp moong dal
1 small onion chopped roughly
1 green chilli
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups water
Salt to taste

For the tempering
1/2 tsp Ghee
1 tsp cumin
2 red chilies
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger- garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder 
a pinch of asafoetida/hing
1 tsp kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
salt as required
 
Method

1. In a pressure cooker, add the washed dals with a pinch of salt, onions, 2 cups of water and allow it to cook [5-6 whistles] . Once done, remove and mash the dal well.
2. In another smaller pan, add some ghee, and all the ingredients listed under "tempering" and let it saute for a few minutes.
3. Add the cooked dal to the tempering and let it come to a boil.
3. If you feel daal is too thick, add water depending on your preference


Serve hot with plain rice. I also had some pickle and it was heaven!! :-))

1 comment:

  1. Dear patrons, we had the finest architect hall design for the best utility and safety. Also to impress upon your guest, we have designed the hall to look like an architectural marvel. We hope you love our palace and use it to fulfil its role as one of the best marriage halls in chennai with 1000 capacity

    ReplyDelete

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge