Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Eggless Banana-Pistachio Bread [ bread machine]

I was at home unwell, and it was one of those blah evenings. Couldn't sleep, wasn't able to sit on laptop and do any work.. Mom was wandering around when suddenly I asked "shall we bake bread in the machine? We have all ingredients..".. She was in agreement. Both of us got down to looking for some easy interesting recipes online, I found one and that was it. In about 10mins, I had put all the ingredients together, the machine was set up and we were all set.

INGREDIENTS
1 Cup Water
2 Medium Bananas, Mashed
1 tsp Vanilla
2-1/2 Cup Flour, Unbleached All Purpose
3/4 Cup Flour, Whole Wheat
2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Light
3 Tbsp Honey
1-1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Buttermilk
2-1/2 tsp Yeast for Bread Machine
3/4 C Walnuts, large chopped - I used pistachios since we did not have walnuts at home
DIRECTIONS
  1. I put all the wet ingredients at the bottom
  2. Added the dry ingredients on top
  3. Finally made a small depression and put the yeast in it. 
  4. Set the machine to normal and let it do its job...  Took in total 2hrs 30mins. 
  5. If the dough seems lose, add some dough and if  it seems very dry, add some warm water.. [these I know based on past experience]
  6.  Also add the nuts towards the end of the kneading process, it mixes quite well and remains intact.. :) 

Recipe courtesy: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=808932 






The bread turned out beautifully. It was so soft and yummy, the entire loaf was gone in a matter of days. The crust wasn't too thick either.. I know if Thatha had been here, he would have loved it and gone on & on to everyone who came home about how we made bread at home and it was yummy.. Miss him dearly... 

1 comment:

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge