Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Friday, September 5, 2014

L'amandier revisited...



It was my Birthday and was planning lunch with the girls, and let them pick a place, which they did without thinking twice- L’amandier. It has become our regular jaunt for coffee and a bite, and so I was ok with the pick. 

By the time I made it, those two were already there warming the seats. They had also gone ahead and ordered a starter – mixed platter of Bruschetta [one had tomato & cheese topping while the other had spinach & mushrooms] and D had ordered a pasta for herself. After a quick Hi hello, me happily receiving the gifts, we decided to order few more dishes as we were ravenous. Wanting to try something new, I chose the Polenta cakes with Mushroom sauce and ratatouille while R chose the Lasagna. Both the dishes were yummy, infact we quite loved the polenta cake more than we thought we would. I loved the creamy mushroom sauce and the tangy ratatouille. 




 

The Lasagna on the other hand was good as well; it had a dollop of fresh pesto on top and was served with crisp bread slices. And for dessert, the Eggless walnut brownie was chosen, which came with a dollop of Ice cream. The brownie was alright, a surprise was when friend bit into a piece of walnut shell...

The meal worked out to Rs1400 or so, value for money indeed… This place continues to remain among my favorite restaurants in the city!  I just wish they notched up their service a bit... 

L'amandier
#57, Chamiers Road, RA Puram, 
Chennai
Landmark: Right next to Cream Center 
Ph: 044 42827882

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge