Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Lunch for one: Chappati with egg curry

Starting this new series on the blog.. Ever since I began living alone, it has been a fun journey in all aspects,  including cooking..

I have been coming up with my own recipes and combinations that I thought I should share them here..

Today I made chappati and egg curry along with a small portion of raita as well for Lunch.

Chappati
The same old method of mixing wheat flour with water, rolling it out into rotis and cooking it on the tawa..

Egg curry
Egg- 1 whole (boiled)
Onion + garlic+ tomato= 1 cup (saute and ground to a paste)
Cumin & coriander powder- 1tsp each
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water-1/4 cup

In a pan add all ingredients but the egg. Cook them into a nice gravy till it starts oozing out oil..and now add the egg- either as a whole or cut in half.

Raita
Tomato & onion- 1/2 each- chopped finely
Curd-1/2 cup
Salt- to taste

Voila, lunch was ready in less than half an hour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge