Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Food options across the ocean... Emily's- 2

We were driving down towards Santa Cruz beach on the cool Sunday afternoon. There was crazy traffic, so we had music playing with the kids taking turns to choose from their favourite songs...

And voila, what did we spot along the way- we spotted the name - Emily's which belonged to Emily's bakery, known as "Emily's Good things to eat".

My nephew and cousin went "hey, look, its Emily".. his best friend's name is Emily. 

We decided to stop by on our way back to click picture of the place so he could show it to her :D 

............... Fast forward to a few hours and we were back on the road headed home. This time it involved two stops, one was at Emily's [ofcourse] and another at an Ice cream store. 

The stop at Emily's was meant only to take a quick picture of the name board. But then it turned into a longer stop, with almost all of us hopping out of the car to explore the bakery. The name board had a cute doggy with a butterfly on its nose. But then you enter the main bakery and it is filled with zebras... A zebra toy, a display of zebra based paraphernalia, zebra sitting atop the fridge, zebra rocking toy, zebra prints here and there and some more... My nephew and I tried to see how many Zebra's we could spot while my broinlaw and niece went about trying to pick up some eats from their wide range of dishes.












They had everything from Muffins, breads, croissants, sandwiches, drinks, cakes and few other interesting looking stuff. We could also smell the freshly baked bread coming out of the own beyond the counter.

We grabbed a few eats- brownie, chocolate muffin and I was arm twisted into picking one for myself- apple pie muffin and boy oh boy was it sinfully yumm.... The muffins were quite big in size, and so we took our time devouring them all as we drove back home.... 

With every passing day I have come to realise food is more than just food. It is about the experience, it is the moment, the little stories that come with it and of course the time & place as well.  Today, as I write this post, I remember how the kids were giggling away, we were all generally high and upbeat through the trip. Randomly reading out sign boards, trying to spot buildings, identify songs that were being played and enjoying the drive.. I for one, loved the company and the trip.. more than words can describe!! 


Address:
Emily's Good Things to Eat
1129 Mission St. Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 429-YUMM
(800) 461-2976



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge