Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Saturday, June 22, 2019

New beginnings at Golden Dragon, Taj Coromandel...











Golden Dragon, Taj Coromandel one of those restaurants that has been in Chennai forever.. And so it was lovely to hear they had a new Chef taking over the kitchen. Master Chef Lian Yun Lei comes with over 20 years of experience from across the globe, including Taj Bengal.. His cooking style is simple, less spices, and allowing the food to speak for itself. 

Some of the popular dishes from Golden Dragon's old menu will remain on the new menu as well, worry not!.. Among the dishes from Chef Lian's menu, I loved the steamed Okra with soya garlic (This Al Dente okra is steamed to perfection and drizzled with Chinese light soya and garlic)- could not for the life of me fathom how the okra had been steamed and yet not gooey/sticky.... Apart from that, the other one I loved was the Steamed enoki mushrooms in pickled chili, it was OMG, nothing I have ever tasted before. I remember having enoki mushroom soup in Bangkok, but haven't seen the variety in Chennai. 

One of the highlights of this meal experience is that Chef helps us discover the hidden secrets of these regions by sharing interesting anecdotes, gastronomic journeys and experiments that have enhanced his culinary repertoire. Innovating with the most-simple ingredients is his forte...

A quiet unassuming person, Chef Lian seems to be a whiz in the kitchen with flavours, and textures.. My friends who dined with me that evening, enjoyed their non veg dishes as much, especially the scallops and lobster.. It just goes to show how vast the cuisines are, and how food connects souls...

For further information please call 044 66002827

Golden Dragon
Taj Coromandel 
#37, Uthamar Gandhi Rd, 
Tirumurthy Nagar, 
Nungambakkam, Chennai- 600034

Disclaimer:

The reviews posted on this blog are based on my personal experience. Also remember that restaurants and eat outs sometimes change with time, so does their food and service. So, kindly consider these factors while visiting the places. Remember, no two palates are the same. Bon Appétit  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge