Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Spice29-Dewberry, Chennai

You are driving down Cathedral road, looking for a place to grab a bite at, wondering what your options are and you see that little board just ahead of Van Heusen showroom on the left and decide to pull into the road. And what do you know, tucked away inside that Rajasekaran Street is where you find Spice 29/Dewberry's. You might miss it but remember to watch out for that large black gate and the smart board on top. 

As you walk in, you find a long path lined with canopies and seating on the side and the small cozy air-conditioned area at the end of the corridor. The decor is simple, clean and neat, black and white walls with splashes of colour from the paintings. the tables are all lined up to make the most of the space and you are welcomed by a bright red, black and white menu.

The menu has three sections: continental, Indian and snacks, for those in-between meal cravings. To open the meal, I tried the mushroom cappuccino that was served in a coffee mug with a slice of crostini with a dollop of butter and a single basil on top. I loved the soup, it was earthy, rich and creamy.  The crostini was crisp and fresh. Since most at the table were non vegetarians, I had to wait a tad longer for the veg dishes, but boy the wait was worth it. The starters came one by one, the first was the absolutely delicious broccoli served with the traditional green chutney. I couldnt get enough of it, it was soft yet had a bite, it was sinfully amazing.. And then came the Paneer tikka which was good [ I shall not go on about it as paneer isnt really among my favorite items these days, but for those who love paneer, I say go for it!]. After a breather, I was served a plate of crispy friend Onions with a healthy swirl of cheese sauce on top along with few crispy curry leaves. It was fresh, oil free and had a good bite to it [who can say no to onion pakoda]

The non veggies had their share of fish, chicken cooked many ways to dig into. It was time for me to move on to the main dishes. I opted to try Appam and Veg stew, the appam was lovely [had a slight sweetness to it and was soft and fluffy], only quip was it stuck to the plate and tore as we pulled it off. Guess the staff had placed it right off the pan.  I was full and all I wanted to do was check out their desserts, but then giving into the public demand, we tried their naan and daal makhani, both of which were good, but I felt the Daal was a tad spicy.  















Yayy, finally it was dessert time and I got to try their Elaneer payasam, which had pieces of tender coconut in them. 

Overall the food here is good, perfect for someone looking for good Indian dishes. They have quite a range of beverages as well to choose from. The place also has free wi-fi as well, and is perfect for a casual meet or a serious lunch as well.

Address:

Dewberry's Spice 29: 6/29 Rajasekaran Street, 
Mylapore
Chennai- 4
Meal For Two: Approx Rs1000
Timings: From 12.30 pm to 11 pm 


Disclaimer:
The reviews posted on this blog are based on my personal experience. Also remember these were just my views!! Remember, no two palates are the same. Bon Appétit  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge