Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Celebrating Chinese new year at Golden Dragon, Taj Coromandel














Xīnnián hǎo [Happy New Year]....Happiness, Fun, Joy, Peace, Love, Luck, will come with my special wish ... May this New Year brings you happiness, wealth, longevity, and good fortune.... That is what I wish you on this New year day! 

It was Chinese New year on 5th Feb, and Golden Dragon had a menu celebrating the dishes from the region. Infact, today there are very few Chinese restaurants, and so it was refreshing to have a meal here... My favourite thing about this cuisine is how simple their dishes are, most are stir fried or steamed and all it takes is a splash of sesame oil , some red chillies & garlic.. 

The evening began with a range of dim sums/dumplings with water chestnut & cashew, another had Kalian & garlic, and then there was the one with deep fried carrot [ the outer skin on this melted in our mouth]... Then came the soup made with seaweed and moong beans that added a bit of sweetness to it while the seaweed strips brought in some savory notes.. As for the main course we got to try the Kimchi Fried rice, soft noodles with sides that were both simple and packed with flavour- Beans , mushrooms and cabbage... This is so my kind of food, if only I got these for my meals daily... Sigh~

Breaking my thoughts came the dessert platter- chocolate dimsum and ice cream. Both were sensational, I kid you not. the pop of the dimsum filling and the ginger plus strawberry in the ice cream had us longing for more... The entire meal had been such a delight, I would happily go back for this any day..... 

This menu is available only till the15th Feb...   Call 044 6600 2827 and make a reservation before you head over~ 

Address:
Golden Dragon
Taj Coromandel, 37, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, 
Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600034

Disclaimer: The reviews posted on this blog are based on my personal experience. Also remember these were just my views!! Remember, no two palates are the same. Bon Appétit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge