Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie.. Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... I Am crazy about music,books,friends and my doggie... :)

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Nasi and Mee Asian Canteen




Mushrooms & water chestnut Dim-sum

 Tofu Satay

Broccoli & Cashew dim-sum

Lemon pie

Nasi and Mee translates to ‘rice and noodles’ in Bahasa, with ‘mee’ coming from the Cantonese word for noodles - mien - says the restaurant's website... 

Well, I had been hearing about for a while now and finally made plans to do lunch there with a friend. Walked in and was pleasantly surprised at the casual decor, there were potted [money] plants across shelves and hanging from ceiling as well. The lights were set within a wooden box, the tables had a rustic feel to it as well. 

The menu is quite extensive, but what caught my eye were the Dim-sum section and the Satay. Once we had ordered the drink- Sun soakers- blend of apple, orange& carrots,  we looked at each other and knew what we were going to order for the mains. All we had that day for lunch was 2 kinds of dim-sums - one with Mushrooms & water chestnut, the other was Broccoli & Cashew dim-sum, followed by the Tofu satay and straight to dessert, we shared a Lemon pie. We loved the savoury dishes, the dessert felt a little too dense, gooey for our liking...  

It was Valentine's day, and I noticed one of the staff members handing out a rose to the men at the table where it was just a man & a woman seated... hmmm... made me wonder why not give it to all, love is between friends and family as well, right? Anyways, in a way I was glad, not one for flowers!! But what was surprising was that the place was packed- for a weekday lunch!  Infact, the two long tables next to us was taken up by a big group of guys [ who we discovered were from a hospital nearby] celebrating something... there was cake, flowers, shawls and even a plaque..  :D 

The meal we had worked out to Rs1454 [all inclusive]... While the food was good, it was nothing extraordinary. Maybe because there are other places that serve same cuisine, but seem to have captured my heart... As per my policy, only if you try will you know! So that was that...  

Address
Nasi & Mee Asian Canteen 
Yafa Towers, 18/24, Khader Nawaz Khan Rd, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600034

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some flavours so I'll know you were here!

badge